By Kyle Suzuki
Every year the Super Bowl is a special occasion for our family. The fun for us is less about the game and the halftime show, but more about the opportunity to get together with family and friends over a delicious meal. Sumida Farm firmly believes in the authentic connections and experiences created over a shared meal with family, friends, and community and what better opportunity to do that than during the Super Bowl.
Whether during the game or any future gathering make sure a delicious watercress dish or two is at the center of your experience. We wanted to make it easier to access some of our favorite recipes for family gatherings by sharing with you below:
A recipe we've shared previously on social, but not on our blog is our simple yet delicious watercress pico de gallo. Everything you love about pico, but with the added crunch and spice of watercress. You'll never be able to eat pico again without adding in some Sumida Farm watercress!
- 3C tomatoes chopped (approximately 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 large sweet onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced (remove seeds and membranes if you don't want it too spicy)
- 1/2C cilantro finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 of a bunch Sumida Farm watercress chopped (stems and leaves)
- 1T fresh lime juice
- kosher salt to taste
- In a medium bowl mix together the sweet onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic and, watercress.
- Add the fresh lime juice and then add kosher salt to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with tortilla chips.